It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

It's been 20 days since I've come back from Japan. Not much has happened since, which is very sad. It's not that I don't have things to do, quite the opposite actually. But as usual, my work is taking over my life, I feel too tired and lazy to do anything at all.

I have thousands of pictures, hundreds of videos and so many things to tell about this trip.
I'm currently working on a video - some kind of trailer of my trip. Even this is taking me ages to finish. It won't even be that long, but please look forward to it !

So, this year is very special. Because of my really bad scheduling, I didn't pass my first year - again. Though, I did pass my second year. So I have to ask for an authorization from my university to let me retake my first year's non-passed exams. That's only three exams, that I have to retake in December/January. However, even if this time I do pass them, I won't be able to follow the third year classes. And thus, I don't have class until September 2013 and so nothing to do.

Which brings me to my next point : what to do this year ?
I have a couple of ideas but more uncertainty than ever.

- Quit my job and find another one, best-paid, in Luxembourg;
- Same thing but leaving my Lux job after a couple of months when concert dates are announced, go to Japan for a couple of days/weeks... and then spend a couple of months in Australia;
- Keep my current job, save money and leave for Japan in March/April to spend 6 months there, working as an English teacher;
- Leave my current job, find another one in Luxembourg, save money until March and go to Japan for 6 months...

Of course, my first choice would be to go to Japan right away but 1) I need money 2) I need a visa 3) I need a job there.
I'm almost sure that if I do go, I'll try to get a job at Gaba but ... am I good enough to teach English ? I know from experience that yes, I'm good enough to teach English to Japanese people. Not their fault, but their English' level is extremely low. So, whatever I have to offer could interest them. But is it good enough to get the job ? My friend says that it is but she's not the one hiring me. I wish.

I also have debts to repay so I won't be able to save anything before next month or maybe the one after. My job is exhausting me and I don't earn enough. And the more they make me work the less I'm earning - or that's how it feels at least.

To be honest, I'm kind of happy I have this year off. After spending almost three months in Japan, all I want is to start my life ; get a job, get my own place and start living... in Tokyo of course. It couldn't be anywhere else.

One of the point of going to Japan this summer was finding out if it really was the right place for me. If it was worth spending leaving France and my life here, for good. As hard as it was sometimes, it still is the place where I feel the happiest. Not Japan, but Tokyo. I enjoyed a lot travelling there but as much as I liked the other cities I've been to, I wouldn't want to live there. Tokyo is where I want to be. Where I want to start my life.

It's gotten all serious here, hasn't it.

If you have any suggestion, I'd be really happy to hear them ! Please, don't hesitate.


PS: Welcome to the world little Princess and congratulations to your parents I love with all my heart <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment