So, recently I've been obsessed with the X factor. I watched the two previous UK versions and of all the music competition shows there are, it is by far my favorite. I don't always agree with the judges but I like the fact that once the public has chosen their favorite candidates (since the public is the one buying the music it's only fair that they get to choose) actual professionals have the last word. So at least you can be sure that out of the two left, the most talented one gets to stay - normally.
I've seen people make pretty bad comments about this show (or more like this type of shows). What I have to say to these comments is that I love music and I love discovering new talents, new voices and if the TV can help me do that, I'm fine with it ! Just because this business can be so fucked up sometimes doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to those people.
But there's been a change this year, not only have I been following the English version of the show but also the USA and Australia ones.
My all time favorite remains the UK version. I musically fell for more than one of them. They're so incredibly talented up there. Yesterday were the results from the Boot camp and I was extremely sad and disappointed to see one of my favorites and also of the most talented not making it through.
I really love Tulisa and Gary !
Here are my faaaavorites :
Kye Sones : he's very talented, he has such a soothing voice. Lots of creativity.
James Arthur : he's just so unbelievable... his voice is magical, makes me cry every time I hear it. He's so ... soulful.
Ella Henderson : she's a real talent, her voice is so amazing and she's so so young. As Gary said she made a plain song sound wonderful.
Lucy Spraggan : she made me laugh so much with her first audition, her voice isn't that special but there definitely is something special about her. She's a brilliant songwriter.
Joseph Whelan : so, so, so sad he didn't make it through. He's so talented, his voice is so raspy and wonderful and I could listen to him for hours.
I don't know the Australian judges (apart from Mel B of course), but that blond cutie is very likeable. I love his comments most times. There's so far only one candidate I really really love, she's Bella Ferraro, her voice is absolutely stunning and apart from her memory fails on stage, she's really really talented. I hope she will go far. She could be the Australian Adele.
The Collective aren't so bad as well ! I'm starting to dig them. Here have a look.
Concerning the USA one... I really adore Simon Cowell. He sometimes can be really harsh and extremely judgmental when it comes to looks and stereotypes but when music is involved, he has great tastes. And he makes me laugh a lot.
After watching the show for a couple of weeks, I kind of became a fan of Demi Levato. All I knew about her before was that she was a Disney star, that she was in a couple of not so good Disney series and I had seen her movie with the Jonas Brothers... well, my image of her wasn't that good. She was just a plain teen star. But then I found out about her story and what she went through and I watched her interviews... this young woman is absolutely amazing. She's gorgeous, she's a beautiful person and she's so damn strong. I love the comments she makes on the show. She's a passionate one. She's a lot like me actually and she moves me so much. I really admire her. I'm happy she's part of the show. She's so young though and it's sometimes a bit awkward to watch her give her artistic opinion to older and more experienced people but hey she has talent too, so it's ok.
I don't have much to say about L.A Reid. I didn't know him before watching the show. He's fun though and very groovy.
Now, Britney... She shouldn't be on the show. She's just always gaping and making stupid 3-year-old-ish comments. Apart from being mean to her hard-core fans, she has nothing to bring to the show. I could screen-cap so many of her dumb faces it's getting really sad. I suppose she's good promotion for the show but to me she's just making a fool of herself. I don't think that artistically she has much to teach.
But here are my favorites so far. I'm just linking the playlist as there are quite a few videos.
Willie Jones' voice is amazing. Carly Rose Sonnenclar was stunning. I have a serious voice-crush on Jeffrey Adam Gutt's. To mention only a few but the ones I've listed are really talented so enjoy !
Can't wait for the next videos~
0 comments:
Post a Comment